The WBG brings together feminist economists, researchers, policy experts and activists to work towards our vision of a gender equal society in which women’s financial independence gives them greater autonomy at work, home, and in civil society. We work towards this by:
- developing analysis and leading debate on:
- the gender implications of economic policy
- the social dimensions of economic policy
- incorporating a consideration of the unpaid economy into economic policy
- how economic policy might free women and men from stereotypes
- raising awareness and expanding understanding within the UK Ministry of Finance and other policy makers and opinion formers on the gender implications of economic policy
- promoting, encouraging and enabling the use of gender mainstreaming and in particular gender budget analysis
- contributing to and learning from international learning and progress on the applicaion of gender budget analysis
Our two main activities are:
- collating expertise from a range of individuals and organisations in order to influence and inform government policy.
- working with Her Majesty’s Treasury to develop a gender budget for the UK.